* This has the potential to be the biggest snowstorm for much of Minnesota since Halloween, 1991.
* Potential for 1-2 feet of snow Saturday, with 2-5 foot drifts during the PM hours.
* Close to blizzard criteria - best chance of white-out conditions south/west of the metro area.
* Get your errands/shopping done today, snow arrives late evening, between 8 and 10 pm, snow gets heavier and steadier as the night goes on - should be snowing heavily when we wake up Saturday morning.
* Conditions get worse as the day goes on tomorrow as winds increase and snow accumulates (even on the freeways and interstates).
* Wind chills by Saturday night dip down to -20 to -35, extreme danger zone.
* Highs hold below zero on Sunday, but travel conditions should gradually improve - personally, I wouldn't plan on hitting the highways again until Sunday afternoon at the earliest.