341 July was the 341st consecutive month with global temperatures warmer than the 20th century average.
88 F. high in the Twin Cities Wednesday.
80 F. average high on August 21.
80 F. high on August 21, 2012.
Trace of rain fell at MSP International yesterday.
Photo credit above: "Storm surge from Hurricane Dennis in 2005." (USGS)
Graphic credit above: "
Among other findings, the report concluded that:
- Warming temperatures have accelerated since the 1970s, with nighttime temperatures increasing much faster than daytime;
- Changes in precipitation patterns have had the effect of decreasing water supplies, even when overall rainfall remains the same;
- Carbon dioxide levels in coastal waters are harming species and having effects throughout the marine food chain;
- Over the past century, water levels have risen along the California coast by an average of 7 inches (18 centimeters), and levels have risen by 8 inches (20 centimeters) at the Golden Gate; and
- Annual acreage burned by wildfires since 2000 is double the rate of the previous 50 years, from less than 300,000 acres to almost 600,000..."