* Dry, sunny and beautiful weather lingers into Friday.
* Skies sour Saturday as a southern storm brushes far southern MN with a few showers, better chance of rain across Iowa.
* Period of rain Monday marks the leading edge of a real cold front - winds next week may gust up to 40 mph as Canadian air swirls south of the border.
* Last few days of next week: enough cold air aloft for a couple inches of slush over far northern MN. A few flurries may reach central Minnesota.
* First frost of the season for the metro area possible Halloween weekend (if skies clear and winds subside).
* Trick or Treat temperatures: 40s (lingering winds could make it feel like 30s). Right now it looks dry on October 31 - it will definitely look and feel like late October.
Paul's Conservation MN Outlook for the Twin Cities and all of Minnesota:
Today: Bright sun, breezy and cooler. Winds: NW 10-20. High: 56
Friday: Best day in sight. Lot's of sun, one more round of Indian Summer. High: 68 (70 not out of the question).
Saturday: Increasing/thickening clouds, a few PM showers possible, mainly south of the metro area. High: 57
Sunday: Mostly cloudy and damp - probably dry. A little drizzle can't be ruled out. High: 54
Monday: Cloudy with a period of rain developing. High: 57
Tuesday: Windy and cool with a few showers and sprinkles. High: 56
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, gusty and cooler. Winds may top 30 mph. Flurries possible far northern MN. High: 48
Halloween Outlook: Mostly cloudy and chilly, Trick or Treat temperatures in the upper 30s and low 40s - light winds, slight chance of a sprinkle or even a snow flurry.