-2 F. low Thursday morning in the cities.
7 F. high yesterday at KMSP.
25 F. average high for January 31.
45 F. high on January 31, 2012
7 subzero nights so far this winter.
3 subzero nights all of last winter.
22.5 average number of nights below zero in the Twin Cities (latest 30 year average from NOAA).
Thaw likely by Thursday of next week.
Image credit above: "January 7, 2013, showing the breakdown of the polar vortex into three smaller vortices." NASA.
* gizmag.com has more information on a new 128 GB iPad, set to be released next Tuesday, February 5. Ah yes, as I gaze out over all my (suddenly obsolete) gadgets and productivity devices.
10. The Situation Room now hosted by The Situation
9. Sanjay Gupta’s hilarious new sitcom: “Two Broke Guptas”
8. Changing pronunciation from C-N-N to “CNNNN”
7. Switching the part in David Gergen’s combover
6. Wolf Blitzer – shirtless
5. No longer fact-checking stories
4. New president, Jeff Zucker – Zucking everything up
3. Lifting ban on anchors using steroids
2. Piers Morgan: deported
1. More coverage of goats (video of goat attacking reporter)
Paul's Conservation Minnesota Outlook for the Twin Cities and all of Minnesota:
FRIDAY NIGHT: Clouds increase, not quite as cold. Low: 4